Saturday 25 November 2023

Back to the Future... of 5th Edition!

A casual player like myself cannot keep up the pace like GW has pumped out so many new books and editions lately. And to be honest, I do not want to spend 45€ for each army every three years for the codices alone!

At first, I thought about playing 2nd edition 40k, but some of the newer factions were not present at the time as they were later on. The unit choices/datafaxes were pretty limited, too.
Sure, the 5th edition isn`t perfect, but it is a concluded system and will always stay this way. The rules will not change any further! We`ll see how it will work out.

I look forward to playing my next games and painting some miniatures! In fact I`v already played two small games (40k in 40 minutes) with my son using the 5th edition ruleset... I'm hyped! 

3 comments:

  1. Good choice! Some fine cover art on those codex books, brings back happy memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a lovely collection! I do have some very fond memories of playing the 5th edition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't really like the rules to 5th ed all that much, but the books were really good. You got loads of background stuff. The ork one in particular has some good writing. By the way, those Tallarns look really cool.

    ReplyDelete