Saturday 20 November 2021

[Retro] Space Ork Kill Team Board Mek Shop - WIP

Next up is a Mek Shop. I had a rough idea in my head and started to cut the outer walls out of architectural cardboard / foam cardboard. After that, I glued everything together using PVA glue. I used corrugated cardboard for the windows/doors and ice cream sticks for the roof.

 

Then, I glued the building on a pvc panel. The nice thing about PVC sheets is that they don't bend unlike cardboard, wood or architectural cardboard.

This time I wasn't stingy and bought the Mechanicus crane for the lower roof top. I orkified it very slightly and filled it with sand so that it wouldn't tip over. 

 
I put some junk on the higher roof and covered it with a simple paper handkerchief, which I cut to size and then soaked with a thin PVA glue solution. After hardening you can paint it wonderfully and it looks pretty "realistic".


As the final steps before painting I covered the outer walls with a thin filler mixture and after it dried I covered everything with a thin PVA glue solution. This keeps everything nicely in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment