Tuesday 13 June 2017

Shadow Wars: Armageddon - Our Tournament

Last Sunday, we finally held out small Shadow Wars: Armageddon tournament. Instead of our usual tournament mode "40k in 40 minutes", this time we used the relatively new Shadow Wars: Armageddon campaign rules. 

I joined the battle for glory and honor with my old school Tyranids. Captain_Valerius played Necrons, Funky_Biber also played Tyranids and Clyde_Frog joined in with his Grey Knights. We planned two rounds of dog eat dog fights, which meant twelve games overall. The games were consistently exciting and challenging and I had a lot of fun. In addition, it ran quite well for my Tyranids.

Here are some pictures of our games:











  
We agreed to skip our last game and had some serious hobby talk instead. Therefore, each of us played five games. I surprisingly won all of my games and ended up with the most promethium, too. 😅

Still, I would not use the same lineup in future games. Honestly, several times I was pretty lucky. I should have used specialized fighters instead of all-around warriors. The spinefists I used on all of my warriors had no real influence on the game and with pure melee, I would have been better off. In addition, one or two gun beasts with big guns would be useful to pin enemies down beforehand.

The Tyranid Prime is a real monster, by the way. Now it is time to for new projects...

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Seriously, are there any armies at your local gaming club that don't look amazing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and no, I don't think so. :D

      Delete
  2. Fantastic looking Kill Teams all around. Glad to see the Nids doing well, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, in early games with much terrain, Nids work pretty good.

      Delete