Sunday 25 February 2024

Printheim - Part II

I want to show you how I built the individual panels that form the basis for Printheim: 

To prevent the individual panels from warping and breaking, I reinforced them with wooden battens. The battens were glued and also nailed on.

Once the glue had dried, I glued a cork mat on top of the panels. These mats will serve as a base for everything that is coming later. And that´s it. Easy, cheap and straight forward.

I also had to familiarise myself with the print files first. The first house was printed quickly, but when positioning the first miniature, I realised that the house looked too small. After I scaled the files up by 20%, it looks fine.

The larger scale makes everything look "realistic" and the minis actually fit through the entrances. On the picture below, you can clearly see the print lines (0.2mm). I will try to soften these later during priming.

1 comment:

  1. The bigger scale on the buildings definitly works better! I'm looking forward to the way you paint them - the print lines are what's kept me of FDM prints so far.

    ReplyDelete