Monday 13 April 2020

My Pile of Shame and a Promise

Like every true hobbyist, I have somehow build up a pile of shame over time.

About ten years ago I had a simple policy: I am only allowed to buy new miniatures if all other miniatures are painted. At that time this was easy to achieve. I was a student with much free time, but little monetary resources. Today it seems to be the opposite. 

Further down you can find pictures of most of my unfinished projects. Besides that, there are some more single miniatures and unfinished terrain building ideas. How could this happen? This is unsettling and intimidating at the same time.

Therefore, I hereby promise to paint at least 75 miniatures from my pile of shame before buying new ones!

I will keep track of my progress by counting upwards to 75 in future blog entries. Things not shown in the pictures below will not count towards my goal. Except for two Forgeworld Flyers I have just bought a few days ago before I came up with the promise. I might also sell some bits of my pile of shame, but of course, this does not count towards the promise of painting 75 miniatures.

I look forward to painting my Tallarn Rough Riders and my Iron Hands again.

My latest purchases: the new starter box, two Knights Porphyrion, a Warlord Titan and three Questoris Knights.

Two unfinished Teams for Blitz Bowl - Nurgle and Dwarfs.

Reinforcement for my beloved Tallarn Rough Riders. Still, I haven't touched them for at least two years.

Iron Hands and Deathwatch Marines.

Enough stuff for a small Genestealer Cult army or at least a very nice kill team.

An old-school Adepta Sororitas army with around 50 - 60 Sisters of Battle and tanks. 

A box with single miniatures and other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment