Sunday 1 March 2020

3D "Combat Arena" Gaming Board - Part I

Last year I made a "3D pitch" for Blitz Bowl - [Link]. It was not necessarily a 100% true replica of the original game board, because I wanted the playability not to suffer. 

The matches I played on this "3D pitch" were much more immersive and cooler compared to the ones on the flat gaming board. Therefore, it was a natural conclusion to start a similar project for another game: a 3D arena for the game "Combat Arena"!

Unlike the Blitz Bowl playing field, I will build fewer components by myself and instead use more existing parts (like walls from Necromunda: Dark Uprising). To top it off, I will also paint the miniatures and hopefully play a game with my buddies eventually.

  
After giving this ideat some thought, I quickly bought some parts. You can see a matching wooden box (30x30 cm), lasered wooden hexagons and Necromunda wall parts on the picture below. At first, I wanted to build the hexagons myself and stay close to the printed version. But I had problems getting them right and to be honest, I think they look kinda silly.



No comments:

Post a Comment